|Job Title||EMT 911 (Tyler, TX)|
|Department||EMS Field Operations|
|Shifts hiring||Part-time, Full-time|
EMT 911 position is stationed in Tyler, Texas.
Relocation is required.
This position reports to a Field Supervisor. EMTs are accountable for responding to all assigned calls in the most appropriate and efficient manner, providing the highest standards of patient care while providing a safe and hazard-free environment. The EMT works with a Paramedic on an ALS ambulance and contributes to overall patient care in the areas of triage, packaging and transport.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prompt and regular attendance at work.
- Provide quality patient care utilizing thorough knowledge of protocols
- Assess and treat with appropriate techniques (resources and equipment), any medical situation while maintaining the highest standard of patient care and professionalism according to current company standards and acts within the scope of their level of certification.
- Must maintain neat and professional appearance at all times in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Maintain the ambulance and equipment in a clean, organized and response ready mode
- Maintain thorough knowledge of the ambulance and equipment, its function and use and reporting defective equipment and supplies to the supervisor as required
- Maintain a positive and professional working relationship with other individuals within the community and EMS system
- Responsible for adhering to all policies and procedures provided in the Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Responsible for maintaining current state and county certifications
- Must attend all Continuing Medical Education (CME) courses on a monthly basis
- Performs other such duties as may be required
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Texas Certification
- Must be at least 20 years of age
- National Registry
- Must be able to sit; climb or balance; step, stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- Must be able to frequently lift and/or carry up to 125 pounds and occasionally lift and/or carry up to 200 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
Works outdoors and indoors with occasional exposure to hazardous conditions and to blood/body fluids, requires respirator use, fumes/odors, extended day, and temperature changes. Frequently works with others, face-to-face contact with others with exposure to noise, mechanical equipment, and electrical equipment. Performs shift work and performs duties frequently in a mobile environment and in confined areas.
Job Title: Emergency Medical Technician
Exempt (Y/N): No
Reports To: Field Supervisor
An Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, race, color, veteran status, religion, sex, or national origin.